The control of anxiety has to ultimately be a spiritual discipline, the cornerstone of which is Faith.Me
On this day in 312, Constantine the Great had his famous Vision of the Cross, though accounts of the exact chain of events & envisioned symbol vary. A few days ago, I had a dream that God was the late comedian Richard Pryor. Where is my religious cult? (The dream, of course, fits in with my overall belief that Jesus was actually far funnier than people give Him credit for.)
Notable birthdays today include:
- Controversial pop-artist Roy Lichtenstein (1923)
- Novelist & poet Sylvia Plath (1932)
- Funnyman John Cleese (1939)
- Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman (1946)
- Duran Duran frontman Simon Le Bon (1958)
- Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland (1967)
My Card of the Day (a new feature! yahoo!) is from the David Bowie-inspired Starman Tarot by Davide De Angelis, appropriately titled “The Alien.”
Based on the Hermit per the traditional tarot, the card stresses participation in society rather than solely retreat into introspection. The Alien “…arrives from the void with ideas, wisdoms, and technologies, a translucent presence, glowing with the the sacred geometries & universal pattern of the Flower of Life.”
In other esoteric gleanings, it occurs to me that there is indeed a great deal of Moon Energy rampant over the next week; so much so, I’ve conveniently laid it all out for you in a separate post!
And finally, a couple of news items of interest:
- In addition to confirming water on the moon, NASA has also apparently discovered a rare metal asteroid worth (wait for it)…$10,000,000,000,000,000,000. Regular readers of this blog know that I’ve been saying the real reason for the creation of the U.S. Space Force is FINANCIAL!!!! And so that water on the Moon (as well as Space Force) will certainly come in handy when they establish a base on the natural (?) satellite in order to facilitate lucrative asteroid mining.
- High-tech shenanigans in the restroom mirrors of Swedish Burger Kings will produce an actual Bloody Mary-style apparition of Ronald McDonald. Just say “Cancelled Clown” 3 times in a row. And just why is Ronald cancelled? Someone, of course, discovered his early Tweets.
- And picking up again on the “Space Race” theme (get used to it), a John Hopkins professor warns that we might all be falling into a “totalitarian military space empire.” To which I say: yeah, probably.
And that’s it for today, Folks…thank you for reading, and let’s all do this again soon.